Coastal Credit Union members are pleasantly surprised at how easy it is to start a “savings habit”, and how much having a little money put away can build confidence, widen life opportunities, and promote a feeling of security.
Junior savers [aged 0-16] enjoy feeling in charge of their own money, saving it for a trip, new football kit, a bike, or the latest computer games. Parents, grandparents and other relatives can help, making deposits for Christmas and birthdays as an alternative to other gifts which may quickly lose their appeal. They also currently receive 1.5% interest. No hidden charges or fees on any transactions.
Adult members tell us they are always amazed at how regular small savings add up. Some like to put something away for a special occasion, a trip, or a deposit for a new car. Others just like the security of knowing they have a pot of money which is totally protected, and which they can access whenever they want.
It’s easy to save! Members can save as much or as little as they like in lots of ways:
- paying in cash or cheques at Coastal Credit Union’s convenient local collection points, [for details check our Contact us page]
- using a PayPoint card at the participating post offices or PayPoint shops
- setting up a standing order, choosing a regular amount [from £5 per month]
- workplace savings schemes run by local employers, saving directly from your wages
- small amounts from other regular benefits
When you need it, access to your money is easy, too. Contact us to find out what works best for you.
Benefiting you and your community
- Community When you save in Coastal Credit Union, you know that the only people who are benefiting are your neighbours or colleagues. Credit Unions keep money within a community, in this case the BH postcode, because there are no outside shareholders to pay.
- Reward Dividends are paid to savers once a year, based upon the Directors recommendation and subject to members’ votes, based on any surplus achieved by Coastal Credit Union.
- Protection All individual savings are protected by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme, currently up to a total of £ 85,000 per member
Contact us now to find out more;
Coastal Credit Union, 531/533 Christchurch Road, Bournemouth Dorset BH1 4AG
- Phone: 01202 566878
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org